Friday, August 19, 2011

Mint Brownies

I made these yummy Mint Brownies the other day for the first day of school treat. Rick loves mint & so do the kids. They were delish!! Highly recommend making them. They were also super easy which I always like.

Brownies:
4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate (4 oz)
1 C. butter
4 eggs
2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Frosting:
2 C powdered sugar
4 T butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (I used mint extract)
1-2Tbs. milk
green food coloring

Chocolate Glaze:
6 oz (or 1 cup as I used) semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark choc.)
6 Tbs butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 & they say line the pan with foil & lightly grease but I just greased the pan & it worked fine.

Chop up the unsweated chocolate & 2 stickes of butter into chunks & put in microwave safe bowl & microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted & smooth. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.

In another bowl, mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla for 2 minutes. Add the cooled melted chocolate. Then slowly add the flour & baking powder by the spoonfuls. Mix just until combined. Pour into pan & bake for 20-30 minutes.

Cool completely. when brownies have cooled then prepare the frosting. Combine all frosting ingredients, (start with 1 1/2 T milk & add more by the teaspoon as needed). Spread frosting over brownies & chill in the fridge.

While brownies are chilling, make the glaze. Mix all in bowl & microwave at 30 second intervals until smooth. Once it's cooled pour ontop of the frosting layer. Return pan to fridge to cool. When chocolate has hardnened cut and serve. Yummy!

1 comment: